Camaro Subframe Front Suspension
Enjoy better handling, a stronger suspension and the ability to put on those wider tires with a 1970 – 1981 Camaro Subframe Front Suspension. Your 1970 – 1981 Camaro is a slick design, but the stock front suspension can be a little wide for fat tires, especially when lowered. While you’re at it, how about a cleaner, better looking frame rail? All this is supplied by our new Camaro Subframe Front Suspension assembly for the 1970 – 1981 Carmaro. Polished stainless steel control arms, power rack and pinion, sway bar, and QA-1 Billet aluminum Coilovers provide style and control. The track width is 1” narrower per side and 11” iron brakes are standard. A drop of 2”-3” will be seen with the dropped spindles because they are supplied as a standard. All necessary mounts for the body, radiator support, bumper, engine and trans support are provided for a pretty easy bolt in.
Many brake upgrades for enhanced performance and style can be seen on our upgrades portion of our website. When you look at the cost of rebuilding, modifying, and detailing the stock chassis, this is looking pretty good, not to mention the time and effort you’ll save!
Tubular Steel A-Arm Upgrades!
New nickle plated A-Arms upgrade on any Hub-to-Hub Suspension Package: $400.00
Polished Stainless A-Frames Upgrade: $225.00 (set of 4)
Special Features found on our 1970 – 1981 Camaro Subframe Front Suspension
- Upgrades available for our Hub-to-Hub Kits with Air Ride Shockwaves.
- Ready to accept factory engine stands for Small Block Chevy, we did our prototype installation without removing the engine, draining the radiator, or pulling the hood!
- Tubular style motor mounts provide an exceptionally strong triangulated design that handles engine torque, with plenty of room for steering U joints and hose connections.
- We use a shim style alignment system for easy adjustment with minimum chance of any paint damage on a detailed chassis. We chose this system since it keeps the upper shaft and bushings in axial alignments, unlike cam adjustment systems, which tend to wear out upper bushings since the shaft becomes twisted thru those bushings. We see the same problem with upper arms that use threaded adjustor ends, and require you to disassemble each time the alignment is adjusted. That may need to be done several times during a simple set up alignment! Our system provides the best mechanical situation, the easiest usage, and best protection of expensive chassis paint
- Proper Ackerman Geometry, not rear steer Camaro spindles adapted for front steer
- No scrub radius difficulties as when Corvette spindles are used. The Corvette requires the extreme backspaced wheel as seen on factory cars to work correctly. Do you want wheels as flat as hubcaps? Our spindle design is made to accept a centered or slightly back spaced wheel
- Cad Engineered proven geometry used on over 45,000 kits in 24 years!
- The ONLY kit with Polished Stainless Steel control arms Standard
- Best ground clearance and narrowed track width for larger tires and wheels.
High Power 1970 – 1981 Camaro Four Bar Rear End Suspensions
This is a terrific way to go for the rodder who has more power and needs more traction than the stock springs can handle, but doesn’t want to cut his car for a full equal length four bar. A tubular upper Crossmember bolts in to support the…